At the end of March, CVS/pharmacy launched their new iPad app making it that much easier for customers to manage prescriptions and shop directly from our tablets, how cool is that?!?!
With the new CVS iPad app we can explore a virtual 3D CVS/pharmacy and quickly access services from the Pharmacy, ExtraCare, Photo Center and MinuteClinic, as well as browse their favorite departments to shop. Not only is this app really cool because it’s interactive, but it’s super easy to use. Plus, you don’t have to get out of your pajamas or do your hair to shop at CVS now, you can perform several typically in-person tasks from the comfort of your own home or even on the go.
Download the free CVS iPad app, and you’ll be instantly transported into what feels like your local CVS/pharmacy. Tapping on popular areas of the store from the home screen will launch mini apps (different parts of the store) including:
- Pharmacy Services with Enhanced Prescription Management: With the swipe of a finger, customers can scroll through all their prescriptions in a matter of seconds and take actions including scheduling refills and viewing prescriptions available for pick-up. Caregivers can manage prescriptions for themselves and their families, using native tablet functionality such as drag-and-drop and easily sort by patient name, refill status and more. Patients can also view prescription details instantly with zoom-in detail screens and scan in refills using the iPad camera (supported on iPad 3 and above).
- ExtraCare with Coupon Center: Shoppers can sign in to manage their ExtraCare savings and rewards by clicking the ExtraCare Coupon Center. The ExtraCare mini app allows visitors to check their balances or sign up for additional ExtraCare programs such as Beauty Club, ExtraCare Advantage for Diabetes and ExtraCare Pharmacy & Health Rewards. Similar to the in-store experience, customers are encouraged to make the ExtraCare Coupon Center their first stop to receive new coupons and personalized offers. On the CVS iPad app, they can view what offers are available with easy rotating display and animations, and then choose to send them directly to their ExtraCare card or print them.
- Weekly Ad: Customers looking for deals or who prefer to plan ahead can view the weekly circular for their preferred location by using the GPS locator or entering their ZIP code. Additionally, customers can search the ad by category or brand, or search for a specific product and build shareable shopping lists.
- Catalogue Style Shopping: Users can shop and search the full CVS.com product catalog, sorted by category. Savvy shoppers can also access weekly deals to take advantage of new offers every day on popular household essentials, beauty products, health needs and gifts.
- Photo Center: App users can upload photos from their tablet camera roll to be printed for pick-up that very same day at a local CVS/pharmacy. Customers can also see various other photo products available in-store.
- MinuteClinic: Users can quickly locate the nearest MinuteClinic or access a variety of informational resources on the types of services and minor illness exams offered, as well as check the various kinds of insurance accepted.
In the coming months, CVS/pharmacy will introduce support for additional tablet platforms and continue to enhance the CVS iPad app, offering additional new features that deepen the virtual shopping experience and offer informative and innovative ways for customers to interact with pharmacy services. For more information, make sure you head over to CVS.com/onthego and check it out for yourself!!
This is not a compensated post, however I have worked with CVS/pharmacy in the past. I stand behind their brand, and my family personally utilizes the services that CVS/pharmacy offers, even before our working relationship, and will continue to do so for many years.