DaddyB and I feel that it’s very important to teach our girls about community, giving to others, and being selfless. The best way to show them the qualities we want them to have is by showing them through our actions. In church we participate in donating food and other goods to families worldwide and in our own backyard as well. We love serving all over the place and that goes for our hometown as well.
One of my favorite places to volunteer my time and goods to is Florence Crittenton Services of NC. This is a very special facility in Charlotte that houses single, teens and women and their families. A majority of the women living at Florence Crittenton are pregnant or have young children. It’s so nice to be able to make and serve a meal, but the absolute best part of the trips are when I get to sit with the women and just talk.
Helping out in our neighborhood is important. How do you help out in your community??
In honor of all the hard work done by Rebuilding Together, the great people of Pfister would like to make their job a little easier. For every new “like” on Pfister’s Facebook page, $1 worth of brand new Pfister faucets will be donated to the organization up to $20,000 worth of product for homes in need. During the month of April, which happens to be National Rebuilding Month, you can help, too!
Here’s how you can help Pfister and Rebuilding Together reach their goal:
- “Like” Pfister’s Facebook Page and $1 worth of product will be donated
- Already a fan of Pfister? Make a monetary donation to Rebuilding Together through the Friends of Pfister campaign on Causes.com! Pfister will even match your donation up to a total of $5,000.
- Join my Blog Hop!
Want to do more to help? Join my Friends of Pfister Blog Hop!
- Simply publish a post on your blog sharing how you get involved in your own community and encourage your readers to like Pfister’s Facebook page and join the effort for Rebuilding Together.
- Amplify your post on Twitter using hashtag #PfisterHop
- Link up your post on the linky below so readers can “hop” the posts and read your experiences.
- Encourage your readers to join the Blog Hop, too! The more posts the merrier! Host the linky code in your post so your readers can join in the fun!
- Posts must be included in the linky by 11:59pm EST on April 30, 2012. Only one blog post per domain name, please.
Grab the code:
OK, you joined the Blog Hop…so now what?
- Pfister will donate $1 in product to Rebuilding Together for every post on the Blog Hop linky (up to $500 in product donation).
- Twenty (yes, TWENTY) posts included in the Blog Hop linky will receive your choice of one Pfister faucet from among several kitchen and bath options! Have you seen the selection?!? Winning posts will be randomly selected.
Ready, Set, Go! Pfister and I thank you for helping spread the word during National Rebuilding Month. With your help, many homes in need will receive a much needed facelift.