Angel Kisses, Twinkle Toes, and Glass Slippers, that’s what Piggy Paints are made from. Actually those are a few of the fun names of these wonderfully non-toxic, hypoallergenic nail polishes. Piggy paints are actually made from water, water-miscible acrylic resins and thickeners (well below 100 parts per million), and glycol ethers.
Piggy Paint has received the Excellence Award from Safbaby.com and their seal of approval as an approved Vendor of Mom approved-child tested products!!
My least favorite part of nail painting are the fumes. Especially now that I’m pregnant I think the smells are ten times worse. When painting my daughter, little Miss A’s nails, I was often overwhelmed by the scent of regular nail polishes and cringed when she would stick her fingers in her mouth only to have ingested some paint chips. I searched for a healthier option and like many was lead to try Piggy Paint, kid-friendly polishes.
When I got my bottle of Piggy Paint in Girls Rule! I noticed the pretty pink purple hue and the fun metallic pearl sheen. I knew Miss A would love the color too. Next, being curious, I put the opened bottle up to my super sniffer, (pregnant nose,) and was simply amazed to say the least.
The nail polish has very little smell and what smell it does have is not your typical nail polish smell rather more of a non-toxic children’s paint smell. The polish remover was just as impressive if not more impressive with the lack of overwhelming chemical scent. A momma’s dream!!
Avery was beyond excited to get her nails painted. The polish comes in a great sized bottle, not too large and bulky and not too small to hold onto. The polish went on very smoothly especially considering a very wiggly 2.5 year old.
The only thing I wished was different was that the product comes off very easily as well, so it’s definitely for short-term use.
The end result, pretty piggies, excited little girl, and healthfully happy mommy. Oh and a new learned skill….
Buy your cute little bottles here: